Networker

Re: [Networker] Windoze Owner Notification

2002-11-14 20:11:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windoze Owner Notification
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:11:14 -0500
On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Dave Werth wrote:

> We use a free mailer for Windows called blat.  Our bootstrap notification
> looks like this:
>
> blat - -s "Bootstrap Notification" -t xxx AT xxx DOT com,yyy AT yyy DOT com
>
> I don't know where to find blat but it's available for download somewhere on
> the internet.

And note that on the Windows NetWorker administration GUI, in order to get
to the "Owner notification" field, you have to change one of the items in
the "options" menu for the GUI, but the nice thing about it is that all
the hidden fields that always start out hidden in the Unix version of the
admin GUI can be permanently revealed in its Windows counterpart. Once the
"Owner notification" field is revealed, and blaht is installed, its just a
matter of entering the proper mail routing statement into that field for
each backup client.