Networker

Re: [Networker] scanning ssid

2002-10-10 10:47:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] scanning ssid
From: Michael S Golub <m.s.golub AT LARC.NASA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:47:18 -0400
It's been awhile since I've had to run scanner but if I remember
correctly it will scan the whole tape from the beginning looking
for the saveset unless you use the -f and -r options to give it
the file and record numbers of the saveset on the tape. You can
find these out using "mminfo -q ssid=?? -r volume,mediafile,mediarec".
Obviously this only works if the saveset is still in the media
database, if not you have no choice but to wait for the whole tape
to scan

--
Michael Golub                              Raytheon Technical Services
System Administrator(ConITS/GIS/CIPO)      NASA Langley Research Center