Networker

Re: [Networker] exchange / lotus notes with legato

2002-09-05 14:35:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] exchange / lotus notes with legato
From: Scott Bingham <sbingham AT LEGATO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:38:33 -0700
Hello Daniel and Chris,

Certainly the Active Directory must be *present* for an Exchange 2000
disaster recovery; that is where all of the user information is stored.

In most DR scenarios, only the Exchange Server is being recovered, and the
AD is still present on other Windows Servers in the intranet.  This would
not involve *recovering* the AD -- at least not in the sense of recovering
it from backup media.

If *all* of the AD servers have been lost, then the AD would indeed need to
be recovered, via the SYSTEM_STATE saveset, outside the scope of the
Exchange Module.

Hope that this helps,
_Scott