Networker

[Networker] Sybase BSM 1.X won't succeed - are there any bugs or patches?

2002-08-30 07:54:44
Subject: [Networker] Sybase BSM 1.X won't succeed - are there any bugs or patches?
From: "Behal, Conor" <Conor.Behal AT KBCAM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:33:06 +0100
I am trying to use the Sybase BSM but have been unable to resolve a long
outstanding failure of the configuration.   Is anyone using a similar setup
to the one outlined below and it works?   I have followed all the
instructions and am wondering if there is a bug in the software as the
command line recover is successful but the client initated recover using
networker user for sybase 1.1 fails everytime.   I guess if there was a bug
it would be posted in the archives so any tips would be appreciated.

I am positive that I am  using the correct passwords.

Networker Server Version is 6.1.1
Networker Client User 6.1.1
Networker User for Sybase 1.1
Sybase 11.9.2
Client configured in Networker Admin to use the backup command of nsrsyb (no
changes have been made to this bat file).

TEST DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Command line recover of database is successful using syntax....   nsrsybrc
-v -U sa -P xxx SYBASE:/ks033/webmaster

Client Initated backup of database is successful   (using Networker User for
Sybase 1.1)
Client Initiated recover of database fails    (using Networker User for
Sybase 1.1)

Server initiated backup of database fails

Server initiated backup of C:\temp is successful
Client initated recover of c:\temp is successful

I would suspect that if the problem was a host issue then the server
initiated backup of c:\temp would fail.   And if the client initated backup
is successful then I would expect the client initated recover to succeed
(especially when the command line recover works).   I just put in the name
of the Sybase server (kS033) mark the database for recovery (webmaster) and
click start.  After entering the user name and password it fails with the
error instructing that the command being used is not correct (as if the GUi
is not instructing the correct nsrsybrc syntax).

sERVER iNITATED FAILURE:
08/30/02 10:05:01 nsrd: savegroup alert: Test Backups completed, 1 client(s)
(ks033 Failed)
* ks033:sybase:/ks033/webmaster Cannot authenticate user: unknown error 1326
(0x52e)
* ks033:sybase:/ks033/webmaster 08/30/02 10:02:53 AM nsrexec: Cannot
authenticate user: unknown error 1326 (0x52e)
* ks033:sybase:/ks033/webmaster Permission denied
* ks033:sybase:/ks033/webmaster 1 retry attempted
* ks033:sybase:/ks033/webmaster Cannot authenticate user: unknown error 1326
(0x52e)
* ks033:sybase:/ks033/webmaster 08/30/02 10:03:18 AM nsrexec: Cannot
authenticate user: unknown error 1326 (0x52e)
* ks033:sybase:/ks033/webmaster Permission denied

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee
only.  The contents are not allowed to be disclosed to
anyone other than the addressee.  Unauthorised
recipients must preserve this confidentiality and should
please advise the sender immediately of any error in
transmission.