Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Configuring a fake autochanger for a standalone tape drive in 9.0.2

2017-08-01 16:24:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Configuring a fake autochanger for a standalone tape drive in 9.0.2
From: Phil Stracchino <phils AT caerllewys DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 16:22:36 -0400
On 08/01/17 16:09, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> ...Actually, even the fake-autochanger works only to load tapes, not to
> unload.

I have just reverted my configuration.  Director, in bacula-dir.conf:

Storage {
  Name = babylon5-sd
  Address = babylon5.babcom.com
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "********************"
  Device = LTO-4
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  Autochanger = no
}

Storage, in sd.conf:

Device {
  Name = LTO-4
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  Changer Device = /dev/sg5
  AutomaticMount = yes          # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes
  OfflineOnUnmount = yes
  RemovableMedia = yes
  RandomAccess = no
  Maximum File Size = 5GB
  Maximum Block Size = 2048000
  Spool Directory = /var/tmp/bacula
  Maximum Spool Size = 10GB
  Maximum Job Spool Size = 5GB
}

I can read from and write to an already-mounted tape.

I cannot unmount a tape except by stopping the sd and using mt.

I cannot mount a tape except by having it loaded when the sd starts.

This drive worked perfectly in 7.4.7 with this exact configuration.

This is a HP StorageWorks 1760 SAS external LTO-4 drive connected to a
LSI Logic SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 (Falcon rev. 02)
controller on a PC running Gentoo Linux and Linux kernel 4.11.6.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications