Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] high priority job not running

2017-08-01 06:35:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] high priority job not running
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: scar <scar AT drigon DOT com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 12:02:30 +0200
Hello,

Hi all, we are using bacula 5.2.6.  I have disk-based storage with 4 devices defined, and 20 max concurrent jobs for the storage demon.  All the file demons also have 20 max concurrent jobs.  In the director, it has 10 max concurrent jobs, the DefaultJob JobDefs is used for all jobs, which has Priority=10 and Allow Mixed Priority=yes.  Thus all the scheduled backup jobs run with 10 priority.  The current situation is that 4 jobs can be run at once, due to the storage device limitation.

For disk-based storage you can define as many devices as you want.

Now i have created a priority 1 restore job for one of our clients

For restore jobs you should create a ReadOnly device which will be always available.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net