Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Device

2011-07-11 14:31:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Device
From: Mike Hobbs <mhobbs AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:28:11 -0400
On 07/11/2011 11:52 AM, Josh Fisher wrote:
> Did any of the jobs that ran just after those two write to the same
> volume? What was the status (from 'status dir' command) of the jobs that
> were not running when only two jobs were running?

Sorry, I probably should have cut and pasted that information.  All the
jobs have finished, but I believe they all said something like "waiting
on storage device", if it happens again, I will make sure to save the
scheduler output and send it.

I don't believe any of the jobs wrote to the same volume.

> My understanding is that if AllowMixedPriority=yes, then the higher
> priority job should run before any other queued lower priority jobs.
> Although it will not preempt already running jobs, it should start as
> soon as one of the already running jobs finishes. If, when one of the
> already running jobs finishes, it runs a lower priority job ahead of the
> queued high priority job, then that sounds like a bug in the Bacula
> scheduler. It shouldn't run a queued lower priority job ahead of a
> queued high priority job if AllowMixedPriority=yes. At least, that is my
> understanding.

Hmm, You say "AllowMixedPriority=yes", the docs and my conf files say
"Allow Mixed Priority = yes".  Do the white spaces matter?  Maybe I
should try it the way you have it here.  I also have this specified for
every job I have, I wasn't sure if I could put it in the JobsDef or not.
  If the way I have it spelled in my conf files is fine, then it sounds
like it could be a bug.