Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Win32 no conf files in \all users\application data\bacula/ ?

2010-08-06 14:06:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Win32 no conf files in \all users\application data\bacula/ ?
From: "Markus Lanz" <hatori.hanzo AT gmx DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:03:32 +0200
Hi

I'm using Windows XP-Pro-EN SP3 on the client. Somehow, my windows client does
not work properly. If I open bconsole the windows closes after about 15
seconds. If I start bat it tries to connect to the server but then it crashes.

I checked with the debug command:
bacula-fd –t > output1
and got the following error message:

Config error: Cannot open config file “C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\Bacula/bacula-fd.conf”: No such file or directory

I installed the win32 client on another freshly installed windows and got
exactly the same error.

Why are these files not there in \Application Data\? Isn’t the installer
supposed to put it there?

I installed the win32 client version 5.0.2. The server is running on debian
lenny505. Bacula is version 5.0.2 from the backports.

I installed the server according to some tutorials and the documentation. After
i was done configuring the server i checked the config files as following and
fixed all the errors:
./bacula-dir -t -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir
./bacula-fd -t -c /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf
./bacula-sd -t -c /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf
./bconsole -t -c /etc/bacula/bconsole.conf

Best regards
Markus