Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] solaris 10u7 - network hangs when backing up a windows 2003 server

2009-11-05 02:47:04
Subject: [Bacula-users] solaris 10u7 - network hangs when backing up a windows 2003 server
From: "Fahrer, Julian" <julian AT fahrer DOT net>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 08:43:53 +0100
Hey guys,

just checking if any of u had a similar problem before:
I have a Solaris10u7 Virtual Machine running on VSphere 4. On the
Solaris Server I had a running Bacula 3.0.2 (I also tried 3.0.3)
Dir/FD/SD.
I am backing up to a NFS Share on a Readynas NVX (I also tried iSCSI,
same Problem)
The Backups ran fine for some weeks.
After updating the VSphere Server and VMware Tools and the Windows
Server strange things happen: Backing up local data and a linux server
works like a charm. When Backing up a windows Server 2003 (tried FD
3.0.2 and 3.0.3) the Solaris hosts network crashes (interface is up, no
packets are flowing...) right before transferring the data. No Error
Messages (except for unaccesible nfs shares and so on) appear.

I have no time to debug this whole thing, I will just reinstall the
solris host. Just wondered if anybody has seen something similar.

Kind regards

Julian