Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring Fileset from one Computer to Different Computer

2009-06-16 23:32:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring Fileset from one Computer to Different Computer
From: Industry Standard Computers <sales11 AT iscnetwork DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 23:26:48 -0400

C.Keschnat AT internet-mit-iQ DOT de wrote:
> You shouldn't have to rename anything. Just add a new Client resource
> for the new computer and install the file daemon on it. I don't know
> wx-console, but as I see it, you selected "XPcomp-fd" as restore
> Client? If so, this is probably wrong as this is the first client.
>
> Chris
Didn't work. I installed the Bacula client on my W2k3server and tried.
It queued the job for when my XPCOMP computer turns back on.

Something somewhere tells bacula the difference between computers  (MAC
address???).

I have been messing with this for day.  How can I drop out the
databases?  I know where to delete out the other files. And try fresh??

I am starting to think I might have to wait till I get a newer server
with newer Bacula. :-(

Thanks... back to the 'drawing board'.