Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to back up Exchange public folders

2009-01-29 21:35:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to back up Exchange public folders
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Nils Blanck-Wehde" <nils.blanck-wehde AT backofficeservice DOT biz>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:32:32 +1100
> Hello List,
>
> we are backing up our MS Exchange-Server by first exporting the
> mailboxes to file with Microsoft's "exmerge"-utility and than backing
up
> those files with bacula. This is actually quite straight forward and
can
> be set up in minutes. One major problem however is that exmerge cannot
> export public folders.
>
> Is there a way to achieve this with the Exchange plugin available for
> bacula? I have never worked with this plugin so far, can the code be
> considered mature enough to be used in a productive environment?

The plugin backs up at the database level. If that's what you want then
it should work. Performance should be a heap better than the exmerge
option. Getting back individual items from a database backup can be a
little tedious, but possible.

I am using it in production and have had zero crashes so far (backup
once per weeknight running for a few months). I haven't checked on
memory leakages or anything though.

The