Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fibre Channel drives keep switching

2008-11-19 11:34:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fibre Channel drives keep switching
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Robert LeBlanc" <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:30:27 -0500
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
wrote:

>> You can write a udev rule to lock the drives down. I wrote one awhile
>> back to keep the changer device the same.
>>
>> dev6 ~ # cat /etc/udev/rules.d/55-bacula.rules
>> SUBSYSTEM=="scsi",ATTRS{vendor}=="EXABYTE*",ATTRS{type}=="8",
>> SYMLINK+="autochanger1 changer"
>>

>> BTW, Is this swapping of drives causing any real problems?
>>

> I'm not having a problem with the changer, only the drives in the
> changer as they are separate targets and not LUNS of the changer.

You should be able to write very similar rules to lock the drives down
as long as something in the udev info can distinguish the drives.

http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/rhel-5-udev-devices-tape-configuration-problems-650429/

http://tolecnal.net/2007/04/writing-udev-rules

And there is a mention of persistent tape devices names here:
http://spectralmud.org/cgi-bin/dwww/usr/share/doc/udev/README.Debian.gz
John