Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Correct bacula-sd-conf setup for Sony SDX-400V

2008-10-06 00:35:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Correct bacula-sd-conf setup for Sony SDX-400V
From: Arch Willingham <arch AT tuparks DOT com>
To: "'Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 00:30:20 -0400

I have a Sony SDX-400V which I think is an AIT-1 drive. I ran all the utils (I am using Fedora F9) I could find and I think I got it working (“/root/bacula/bin/btape -c bacula-sd.conf /dev/st0” runs a test correctly). I took a giant SWAG at how to setup the bacula-sd-conf. I have no idea if half the stuff is correct…can someone out there verify that this is correct?

Device {

  Name = Sony_SDX-400V

  Media Type = 8mmAIT-2 # (what is this supposed to be set to??)

  #Archive Device = /dev/nst0

  Archive Device = /dev/st0

  AutomaticMount = yes

  AlwaysOpen = yes

  RemovableMedia = yes

  RandomAccess = no;

  Drive Index = 1

  # as recommended by btape

# Hardware End of Medium = yes

  BSF at EOM             = no

#  Autochanger     = Yes

#  Changer Device  = /dev/changer

#  Changer Command = "/home/bacula/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a 1"

  LabelMedia = yes

}

Here is the output from the different system utilities:

# ./sonytape /dev/st0 -t

SONY tape device detected.

SONY SDX-400V   Revision: 0102

Getting nori drive trace.

This process can take a few minutes.

Nori drive trace length = 0x69fc8

Nori drive trace complete(see nori_trace.txt).

Done.

# ./sonytape /dev/st0 -x datap.bin

SONY tape device detected.

SONY SDX-700V   Revision: 0102

Checking tape drive write and read function.

Warning!! This process will write over data and takes several minutes.

Data compression disabled.

# ./sonytape /dev/st0 -w datap.bin

SONY tape device detected.

SONY SDX-700V   Revision: 0102

Checking tape drive write and read function.

Warning!! This process will write over data and takes several minutes.

Data compression disabled.

# ./sonytape /dev/st0 -d 1

SONY tape device detected.

SONY SDX-700V   Revision: 0102

Data compression is currently disabled.

Changing tape drive data compression setting.

Data compression enabled.

Done.

I can’t remember what I ran to get this output below??

SONY tape device detected.

SONY SDX-700V   Revision: 0102

Checking tape drive write and read function.

Warning!! This process will write over data and takes several minutes.

Data compression disabled.

1,638 MBytes of incremented data was written in 383 seconds.

Write transfer rate = 4.28 MBytes/sec

1,638 MBytes of incremented data was read in 383 seconds.

Read transfer rate = 4.28 MBytes/sec

Data compression enabled.

1,638 MBytes of incremented data was written in 147 seconds.

Write transfer rate = 11.14 MBytes/sec

1,638 MBytes of incremented data was read in 146 seconds.

Read transfer rate = 11.22 MBytes/sec

Current RAW count: 6

Current ECC-3 count: 1

Current tape load count: 73