Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to change the position of the LDFLAGS content in the make commands executed

2008-07-09 00:34:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to change the position of the LDFLAGS content in the make commands executed
From: "Mark V" <mvyver AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 14:33:54 +1000
Hi Group,

I'm trying to build anb install Bacula, and the static dir and static
sd builds are giving some trouble.
I've worked out that when I configure using:

 LDFLAGS="-lssl -lcrypto -lcrypt -lnsl -ldl" \
    ./configure <my-opts>

Then "make" will run the following command:

/usr/bin/g++ -static -lssl -lcrypto -lcrypt -lnsl -ldl -L../lib
-L../cats -L../findlib -o bscan bscan.o block.o device.o dev.o label.o
ansi_label.o dvd.o ebcdic.o lock.o autochanger.o acquire.o mount.o
record.o match_bsr.o parse_bsr.o butil.o read_record.o scan.o
reserve.o stored_conf.o spool.o wait.o \
 -lsql -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient_r -lz -lz -lfind -lbac -lm -lpthread

This results in many errors (excerpt):

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a(client.o): In function
`mysql_close_free_options':
(.text+0xeae): undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_free'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a(client.o): In function `mysql_get_ssl_cipher':
(.text+0x1206): undefined reference to `SSL_get_current_cipher'
<snip>

However, if instead I move the LDFAGS content from the start, to the
end of the command given above, I can run this altered command  and
only warnings are generated:

/usr/bin/g++ -static -L../lib -L../cats -L../findlib -o bscan bscan.o
block.o device.o dev.o label.o ansi_label.o dvd.o ebcdic.o lock.o
autochanger.o acquire.o mount.o record.o match_bsr.o parse_bsr.o
butil.o read_record.o scan.o reserve.o stored_conf.o spool.o wait.o
-lsql -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient_r -lz -lz -lfind -lbac -lm
-lpthread -lssl -lcrypto -lcrypt -lnsl -ldl

Is this a configure/make bug or have I configured things incorrectly?

Apologies if this is obvious I'm not a programmer and it has taken a
couple of days to figure this out.

Regards
Mark