Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and ACL or Clients access

2008-06-12 02:39:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and ACL or Clients access
From: Ulrich Leodolter <ulrich.leodolter AT obvsg DOT at>
To: Reynier Perez Mira <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 06:39:25 +0000
Hi

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 17:44 -0400, Reynier Perez Mira wrote:
> > You should see all jobs from all consoles regardless of what client
> > they are running on. It is possible that ACLs will allow you to
> > restrict this to see only jobs for the local machine however I do not
> > know about this because I do not need this level of security at the
> > moment.
>
> Thanks John for your reply but I still waiting for another replies.
> Right now I'm testing Bacula in two clients but in the next month I
> will have 30 or 40 clients so I need some security for those Jobs and
> also better performance because if any client want to see his jobs
> then bconsole output every Jobs in config files

You need to defined Console { } sections on in baculua-dir.conf
and on the client in bconsole.conf

It is documented in the manual sections "The Console Resource"
and "Console Configuration".

The following sample works for me, server side was a little bit
tricky to setup.

server bacula-dir.conf:
Console {
  Name = leodolter-acl
  Password = "secret"
  JobACL = leodolter-backup, RestoreFiles
  ScheduleACL = *all*
  ClientACL = leodolter-fd
  FileSetACL = FullLinuxSet
  CatalogACL = MyCatalog
  CommandACL = *all*
  StorageACL = *all*
  PoolACL = Default,DiskBackup,DiskCopy
}

client bconsole.conf:
Console {
  Name = leodolter-acl
  Password = "secret"
}

> Cheers
> Ing. Reynier Pérez Mira
> Grupo de Soporte al Desarrollo - Dirección Técnica IP

Ulrich Leodolter <ulrich.leodolter AT obvsg DOT at>
OBVSG