BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] rsync restore skipping non-regular file ...

2010-06-14 10:17:11
Subject: [BackupPC-users] rsync restore skipping non-regular file ...
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:14:13 +0200
Hi,

I switched from tar to rsync a few weeks ago. Now I hat to restore the
first file from an older backup (before the tar -> rsync switch).

I get the following messages in the xfer log:

Running: /usr/bin/ssh -c blowfish -q -x -l root vu0em003-1
/usr/bin/rsync --server --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D
--links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --relative
--ignore-times --recursive --checksum-seed=32761 . /tmp/
Xfer PIDs are now 27459
Got remote protocol 30
Negotiated protocol version 28
Checksum caching enabled (checksumSeed = 32761)
Got checksumSeed 0x7ff9
Sending /server/projekte/path/to/file...  file.xls (remote=/file.xls) type = 0
  restore   770 50872/1095     1789952 /tmp/file.xls
Remote[2]: skipping non-regular file "file.xls"
Finished csumReceive
Finished csumReceive
Done: 1 files, 1789952 bytes

backuppc show a status of success for the restore, but no file was
restored to /tmp.

I can successfully download the file as zip archive or by just
clicking on the file in the tree view.

I can also restore the same file with rsync when it is in a backup
that was done more recently with rsync (after the switch from tar to
rsync).

Is this a known problem? Is there anything I can do to restore these
older files with rsync (besides switching to tar as restore method).

Ralf