BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Odd 'unexpected repeated share name error'

2010-02-12 16:52:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Odd 'unexpected repeated share name error'
From: John Rouillard <rouilj-backuppc AT renesys DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:51:22 +0000
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 01:44:56PM -0800, Craig Barratt wrote:
> John writes:
>
> >   2010-02-12 18:34:33 unexpected repeated share name / skipped
>
> It's a bug (also reported by Tim Connors) that I meant to fix
> in 3.2.0beta1 but somehow overlooked.
>
> As a workaround, try putting "/" first in the list.

The reason for the current layout is to allow the existing critical
backups to complete even if it takes days to backup the newer shares
(filesystems). So it's a temporary thing, but I could see somebody
wanting to put /home first to prioritize it's backup over say /.
Is the bug going to be fixed for the beta3 or final release?

Also on another topic, is the elimination of zombie processes on the
todo list for the 3.2 release?

Thanks for the workaround.

--
                                -- rouilj

John Rouillard       System Administrator
Renesys Corporation  603-244-9084 (cell)  603-643-9300 x 111