BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_link got error -4 when calling MakeFileLink

2008-12-27 03:16:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_link got error -4 when calling MakeFileLink
From: Juergen Harms <Juergen.Harms AT unige DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 09:14:48 +0100
I do not recommend one solution or the other, both work. I prefer (2).
The configuration is "easier to read" if you find the mount-point of
file-systems directly under /. And, according to the man-pages, --bind
is not obsolete, -o bind might be. This documentation comes with the
kernel, I consider it "official Linux" documentation.

Thanks, I will change the group ownership of the topDir directory to
root (and keep backuppc as owner - backuppc in fact does add
directories, it added "pool" in addition to the already existing "cpool"
and "pc" directories during the night after my original install).

Indeed the wiki is the second place where I look for information - looks
like that is part of the general problem of "how to find".