BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Passwords for rsync on client

2008-12-24 10:51:26
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Passwords for rsync on client
From: Juergen Harms <Juergen.Harms AT unige DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 16:49:21 +0100
Things start to run smoothly, backupPC is really nice to install and
make running.

But how do I reasonably proceed with password protection for client
rsyncd? To get started, I presently use $Conf{RsyncdAuthRequired} = 0; -
works nicely, but not protection.

As an alternative I see that I can set that variable to 1, but then I
must store the password in the config.pl file - which needs to be world
readable. Not a good solution either - are there other alternatives?