BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backup specific directory on linux

2008-09-02 20:13:02
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backup specific directory on linux
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Alex Dehaini <alexdehaini AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 02:11:56 +0200
Hi,

Alex Dehaini wrote on 2008-09-02 15:58:29 +0000 [[BackupPC-users] backup
specific directory on linux]:
> hi Guys,
>
> I am trying to backup /backups directory using rsync but when I start the
> backup, backuppc is backing up the entire / directory of the remote maine.
> this is my config
>
> $Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';
> $Conf{RsyncClientPath} = '/usr/bin/rsync';
> $Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l root $hostIP $rsyncPath
> $argList+';
> $Conf{RsyncClientRestoreCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l root $hostIP $rsyncPath
> $argList+';
> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = '/backups';
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

yes, otherwise it would work.
The default value for $Conf{RsyncShareName} is '/', so I'd guess "your config"
is not being used. I notice you're using $hostIP and not $host. You've
presumably got a reason for that, and that reason is probably related to your
problem. As far as "your config" is concerned, it looks reasonable to me. I
would expect it to work.

You should also check the XferLOG for the command actually executed (and, of
course, tell us more about your configuration).

Regards,
Holger