BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows 2000 server and windows 2003 server

2008-06-18 20:41:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows 2000 server and windows 2003 server
From: "David Kuntadi" <d.kuntadi AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Les Mikesell" <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 07:40:57 +0700
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:

> If that works, the normal method should too.  I believe there are some
> versions of smbclient with bugs in command line parsing that have trouble
> with backuppc.  It's been mentioned on the list but I've forgotten the
> details.  Also, smbclient reads your default smb.conf file even though most
> of its settings relate to the server so it is possible to have problems that
> relate to the password server or similar global settings there.

That is what  thought. But I think the problem is backuppc need to
pass windows user name and password first before it could launch
rsync, which is I do not know how to do it. Looks like the normal way
of rsync require windows "already open".

Regards,
David