Amanda-Users

intermittent backup

2008-08-01 23:33:20
Subject: intermittent backup
From: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 20:27:24 -0700 (PDT)
hi guys,

i have 30 servers. I set amanda to back up 1 DLE only for each server.
During amcheck sometimes I got no error and sometimes I got "timeout waiting
for ACK" error. A few times running amcheck sometimes result same error but
different server. This could be due to high load on that server or could be
connection problem. If I run amcheck only for servers which are got such
error (let say 15 of 30 servers), I got no such error.

Sometimes, the amcheck return no error in email report but amdump reported a
lot of error like "RESULTS MISSING", "hmm, disk was stranded on waitq", and
"cannot read header: got 0 instead of 32768" even though I have increased
etimeout and checked everything that may caused this issue. These error
won't appear if I dump a small group of servers instead of 30 servers at one
shot. I believe all my settings are correct.

Are there any ideas you guys could share with me? Should I dump it group by
group or any better ideas? Thanks.