Amanda-Users

Re: More Debian Amanda package upgrade issues (this time with amdump)

2006-11-16 19:44:31
Subject: Re: More Debian Amanda package upgrade issues (this time with amdump)
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:35:27 -0600
Frank Smith wrote:
> Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
>>> NOTES:
>>>   planner: Last full dump of clientA:/home/user1 on tape  overwritten in 1
>>> run.
>> Bug, your last full is on holding disk, it should not report this
>> mesage, try the overwrite.diff attached patch.

The patch fixed that issue, or at least no longer reported the warning. I'm
not sure how to test if it will still report an actual occurrence other
than deleting all my previous level 0s.

>>> * After creating an archive, tar exits with code 1 if some files were
>>>   changed while being read.  Previous versions exited with code 2 (fatal
>>>   error), and only if some files were truncated while being archived.
>>>
>>> Does this mean that many backups will now be marked as FAILED instead
>>> of STRANGE?
>>>
>> Yes
>> Could you try the amanda-tar-1.1.6.diff attached patch?
>> Since older releaser never returned 1, I think it is safe to ignore
>> return status of 1.

I didn't happen to have any 'file changed' messages last night, so
I'll have to wait and see what happens when it does occur.

Thanks,
Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673