Amanda-Users

[knight AT wadsworth DOT org: amanda request...]

2006-11-06 10:20:50
Subject: [knight AT wadsworth DOT org: amanda request...]
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:07:44 -0500
Amanda users,

Feature request, this came up in conversation this morning, a
feature request for amtape to have a mail-output option.

The solution I recommended for our site was a cron that will pipe
the output to mailx for our amanda distribution list.

Not by any means a high priority feature request.

----- Forwarded message from knight <knight AT wadsworth DOT org> -----

I was poking around ineffectively, looking for and wondering if
others would like an added amtape feature like "amtape -m info show"
similar to the "amcheck -m" command where it mails to the list
the inventory status.

Then lord cron could send an inventory to nancy....

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org