Amanda-Users

Re: gnutar error messages configurable?

2006-01-13 09:08:51
Subject: Re: gnutar error messages configurable?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: Josef Wolf <jw AT raven.inka DOT de>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:02:02 +0100
Josef Wolf schrieb:

and put "/media" into /.amanda.exclude on that host, but this doesn't
seem to help.
You need to put "./media" into the exclude file.

Huh? How comes that this makes a difference on the root-filesystem?  Anyway,
I'll try it (but I will have the result not before tomorrow).

The exclude-expressions have to be relative to the DLE.

See http://www.amanda.org/docs/exclude.html :

"When AMANDA attempts to exclude a file or directory it does so relative to the area being archived. For example if /var is in your disklist and you want to exclude /var/log/somefile, then your exclude file would contain ./log/somefile. [...]"

Stefan