Amanda-Users

Re: No chg-scsi.conf file found

2003-09-27 10:49:13
Subject: Re: No chg-scsi.conf file found
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:45:00 +0200
Hi, Chris Weisiger,

on Samstag, 27. September 2003 at 16:21 you wrote to amanda-users:

CW> Yes i have created the chg-scsi.conf file
CW> Thats the first thing i do

>>> [root@bs1 DailySet1]# /usr/lib/amanda/chg-scsi -info
>>> please check your config and use a config file for
>>> chg-scsi
>>> [root@bs1 DailySet1]#
>>>
>>> here is the part of amanda.conf dealing with the
>>>location
>>> of the config file for chg-scsi
>>>
>>> runtapes 1              # number of tapes to be used in
>>> single run of amdump
>>> tpchanger "/usr/lib/amanda/chg-scsi"    # the
>>>tape-changer
>>> glue script
>>> #tapedev "/dev/null"    # the no-rewind tape device to
>>>be
>>> used
>>> #rawtapedev "/dev/null" # the raw device to be used
>>>(ftape
>>> only)
>>> changerfile "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/chg-scsi.conf"
>>> #changerdev "/dev/null"
>>>
>>> is this correct?

I just checked with the example amanda.conf and my chg-multi-setup:

Use
tpchanger "chg-scsi"
instead of
tpchanger "/usr/lib/amanda/chg-scsi"

your changerfile-line seems ok, I hope you used the template and
edited it properly. It will show as soon as it is read by chg-scsi ;-)

>>> i have even created symlinks to the amanda.conf file and
>>> chg-scsi.conf in /usr/lib/amanda

Please remove those links. No need for them there, they just add confusion ...

All your amanda-configs go to your configdir, in your case
"/etc/amanda/DailySet1".

--
best regards,
Stefan