Amanda-Users

Re: questions about proposed amanda hardware solution

2002-10-14 10:51:04
Subject: Re: questions about proposed amanda hardware solution
From: jens persson <jens AT persson DOT cx>
To: mike.simpson AT doit.wisc DOT edu
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:27:45 +0200
On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 08:13:20AM -0500, Mike Simpson wrote:

> I'm still curious about hooking up an AIT3 tape library to Linux, and
> whether or not the mtx or scsi-changer drivers can actually control
> something like a QualStar or Overland tape library.  Is anyone out
> there using AIT3 tape libraries, and if so, what are you using to
> connect the amanda software to them?

Hello!

We run a Qualstar TLS-4480 using mtx on a Debian/Compaq server. I
complied it self (ie. not using debians packaged) for no good reason
(well, during debugging of my localy printed barcodes I tried everything
before I got the checksum right:-) but it runs like a charm. Our drives
are AIT-2 but no problems there.

/jp
--
 jens persson         #    If the implementation is hard to explain,
 <jens AT persson DOT cx>    #                it's a bad idea.