Amanda-Users

Re: could not access device

2002-10-02 13:07:15
Subject: Re: could not access device
From: Nigel Stepp <stepp AT atistar DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:41:43 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 at 6:01pm, Nigel Stepp wrote

[snip kernel 2.2.13]

> Wow.  Any reason for such an old kernel?

I have had no need to upgrade.  This machine used to serve out home
directories over nfs, but now it just does amanda (in a private network).

> > selfcheck: checking disk sda1
> > selfcheck: device sda1
> > selfcheck: could not access sda1 (sda1): No such file or directory
>
> Try applying the advfs.patch from <http://www.amanda.org/patches.html> and
> reinstalling on the server and affected clients.

Hmm, isn't this only if I am using the advfs filesystem?  All of the
filesystems in question are ext2.

--
Nigel D. Stepp     Atistar Internet Services
stepp AT atistar DOT net  http://www.atistar.net/