Amanda-Users

RE: curious

2002-08-21 06:11:42
Subject: RE: curious
From: Kevin Passey <kpassey AT kdpsoftware.co DOT uk>
To: "'Galen Johnson'" <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:49:46 +0100
Hi Galen,

I have just run my first amanda backup - which backs up the amanda server
itself plus a load of windows shares on my NT Server. I suggest you
configure SAMBA using SWAT - it is a nice Browser interface that does not
need a web server.

So 1. Install SWAT - 2. Install SAMBA - make sure all that works. Read the
SAMBA document in the amanda source distribution.

It worked first time for me.

Good luck

Kevin