ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Backup up multiple vcenters with one TSM4VE ?

2018-05-03 15:27:02
Subject: [ADSM-L] Backup up multiple vcenters with one TSM4VE ?
From: Tom Alverson <tom.alverson AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 15:21:26 -0400
In the past with TSM4VE 7.1.2 we had manually set up our backup schedulers
and we could have different scheduler services point to different vcenter
servers.  Now we are getting vcenter 6.5 virtual appliances that need to be
backed up and the docs say we must have at least version 8.1 of TSM4VE to
support vcenter 6.5.  When you install the newer versions of TSM4VE you
specify a single vcenter at the beginning and it is not clear to me if
there is any way to have a single TSM4VE server backing up more than one
vcenter?

Perhaps this is a good time to explore Spectrum Protect Plus 10 (TSM4VE
virtual appliance)?  Has anyone switched to that yet?

Tom