ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] System State files

2014-10-01 18:59:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] System State files
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT BILOHOLDINGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 22:57:11 +0000
Andy,
You may find this helpful. Recently during a DR test I found that certain files
were unavailable for restore and I could not see where they were being
excluded.
They were actually being included in the system state backup because they were
associate with service that was installed by the application, and surprisingly
they weren't even located on the system drive.

If this is the case they not only will not appear in the list of restorable
files (CLI or GUI) but will also not appear as a potential backup object if you
try to perform a manual file level backup.

This describes the actual scenario:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC92873

This is helpful determining if they were actually be backed up by the system
state and how to restore it:
http://www.tsmblog.org/step-by-step-recover-a-single-file-from-a-backed-up-systemstate-to-an-alternate-location/

Rick Adamson