ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 7.1 and dedup "chunking" issues

2014-07-02 07:00:23
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1 and dedup "chunking" issues
From: Bent Christensen <BVC AT COWI DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 12:58:31 +0200
Hi all,

I remember noticing that there were some dedup housekeeping (removal of
dereferenced chunks) issues with TSM Server 6.3.4.200 and that a fix was
released. We used 6.3.4.200 for a while as stepping stone on our road from 5.5
to 7.1 but without the fix.

Now, on 7.1, I am seeing some stuff that makes me worry a bit - initiated by a
gut feeling that there are more data in my dedup pool than there should be.

SHOW DEDUPDELETEINFO shows that I have +30M chunks waiting in queue and the
number is increasing. It also shows that I right now have 8 active worker
threads with a total of 5.8M  queued, but only approx. 4000 chunks/hour get
deleted.

Any knowing if these numbers make sense?

We use a full-blown TSM server on Windows, 32 cores, 256 GB RAM, DB and
activelog on SSD.

 - Bent