ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Relabel/checkin Tapes marked as "empty"

2014-04-16 14:24:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Relabel/checkin Tapes marked as "empty"
From: "Colwell, William F." <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 18:22:20 +0000
Are these tapes by any chance ejected from the library with the 'move media'
command?

When I have tapes go empty which are racked out of the library, I run a script

to get the media tracking to forget about them and make them scratch.

the script -

tsm: LM2>run qscr mmi

Description

Do move media commands to bring volumes in from the rack

Line num     Command

        1     move media $1 stg=$2 wherestate=mountablenotinlib wherestatus=$3

And sample executions -

run mmi    300003L3         UNIX1_CPPT_ORA_PRD   EMPTY

run mmi    300008L3         UNIX1_CPPT_ORA_PRD   EMPTY

These tapes can now be entered as scratch.

Bill Colwell

Draper Lab