ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] server takes long time to connect to via admin or backup client

2014-04-01 12:02:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] server takes long time to connect to via admin or backup client
From: "Dury, John C." <JDury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 11:59:51 -0400
Thanks for the reply. We aren't using ldap at all so I don't think that is the
cause.

John

Frank Fegert<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT
edu&q=from:%22Frank+Fegert%22> Mon, 31 Mar 2014 13:20:38
-0700<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT
edu&q=date:20140331>

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 09:00:10AM -0400, Dury, John C. wrote:

> This is a weird one and I have opened a pmr with IBM but I thought I would

> check with you all and see if anyone had any ideas what is going on.  I have

> a TSM 6.3.4.300 server running on RHEL5 with all the latest maintenance

> installed, and when I try to connect to it via an admin session, either

> locally from within the server via loopback (127.0.0.1) or remotely using an

> admin client, it seems to take several minutes before I connect and get any

> response back. SSHing into the server is almost immediate so it's not the OS.

> The server is not extremely busy and this happens when it is doing almost

> nothing and is very consistent. I have an almost identical TSM server that

> does not have this problem at all. I can immediately connect via an admin

> client and I immediately get a response. I have compared both the dsmserv.opt

> files on both servers as well as the /etc/sysctl.conf files and nothing seems

> to be out of place. I don't see anything odd in the db2diag.*.log file

> either. I'm just not sure where else to look or what could be causing this

> but it is definitely affecting backup performance since the backup clients

> can take several minutes just to connect to the server.

> Ideas?

just a wild guess, but take a look at this:

http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21667740&myns=swgtiv&mynp=OCSSGSG7&mync=E

HTH & best regards,

    Frank