ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] dfs backup issues

2014-03-19 08:15:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] dfs backup issues
From: "Ryder, Michael S" <michael_s.ryder AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 08:14:19 -0400
Remco

The first thing that comes to mind is that when it fails, the backup client
is connecting to a namespace's remote folder target remote DFS share that
has an exclusion that prevents connection.

For example, there could be Share permissions on that remote folder target
that exclude connection by your TSM client computer... or a referral
override that places the desired target at a lower priority.

Each time the TSM client computer connects to this DFS share, unless it is
cached and current, it is directed to the most appropriate folder target
based on a number of factors.

Here's a link that explains how DFS works, which may shed some light on the
problem - look for the section entitled "How Target Selection Works" in
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782417(v=WS.10).aspx

Best regards,

Mike, x7942
RMD IT Client Services