ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SnapDiff backups not reporting last backup dates correctly

2014-02-20 08:28:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] SnapDiff backups not reporting last backup dates correctly
From: "Schaub, Steve" <Steve_Schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 08:23:49 -0500
TSM Server 6.2.5.0 on AIX
TSM client 6.3.1.0 on Windows 2008-R2

We are using 2 proxy servers to perform SnapDiff backups of our NetApp filers.

I can see in the logs that the backups are completing successfully, but when I
query the filespaces on TSM, many of the "end backup" dates are in the distant
past.
Is this a known issue, or am I missing something?

Snippit from last night's backup log:

Successful incremental backup of '\\xxxxxxxx\vol_xxxxxxxx$'
Total number of objects inspected:        0
Total number of objects backed up:      137
Total number of objects updated:          0
Total number of objects rebound:          0
Total number of objects deleted:          0
Total number of objects expired:          3
Total number of objects failed:           0
Total number of subfile objects:          0
Total number of bytes inspected:       1.36 GB
Total number of bytes transferred:     1.36 GB
Data transfer time:                   25.96 sec
Network data transfer rate:        55,080.09 KB/sec
Aggregate data transfer rate:      26,116.98 KB/sec
Objects compressed by:                    0%
Total data reduction ratio:            0.00%
Subfile objects reduced by:               0%
Elapsed processing time:           00:00:54

Results of Q FI:
                                      Node Name: xxxxxxxx
                                 Filespace Name: \\xxxxxxxx\vol_xxxxxxxx$
                     Hexadecimal Filespace Name:
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
                                           FSID: 19
                                       Platform: WinNT
                                 Filespace Type: NTFS
                          Is Filespace Unicode?: Yes
                                  Capacity (MB): 233,472.0
                                       Pct Util: 79.5
                    Last Backup Start Date/Time: 08/30/2012 08:53:52
                 Days Since Last Backup Started: 539
               Last Backup Completion Date/Time: 08/30/2012 08:53:54
               Days Since Last Backup Completed: 539
Last Full NAS Image Backup Completion Date/Time:
Days Since Last Full NAS Image Backup Completed:

Steve Schaub
System Engineer II, Backup/Recovery
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm