ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Cleaning up "system state" backups

2013-09-17 12:04:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Cleaning up "system state" backups
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:01:55 -0400
Hi Zoltan,

For the tlmagent.exe file, a couple of things:

1. The TLMAGENT.EXE file:
Check installed services to see if any ILMT services are hanging around,
and remove the service. If the OS is Windows Vista or later, it could be a
residual service. You can also examine the subkeys in HKLM\SYSTEM
\CurrentControlSet\Services registry keys for any ImagePath entries
pointing to a  non-existent tlmagent.exe file. If the software was
uninstalled without removing the service, then you can remove the service
to resolve this. Contact ILMT support before doing anything drastic,
though, as I would expect they can help you clean this up.

If the service issue doesn't pan out, then verify whether ILMT was properly
uninstalled (versus unceremoniously deleting its directory structure
without using the proper uninstaller). If the product was not properly
uninstalled, you might need to reinstall it, then uninstall it with the
correct procedure. As above, contact ILMT support if you are unsure.

2. The BXNDCOA.DLL file:
Is this a BroadCom driver? You should identify which product that file
belongs to and get their support for properly cleaning up the file from the
system.

Microsoft KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955078 discusses this
issue in general. Check it out. It is best to make sure files are properly
cleaned up. Worst case, you can create a "dummy" file with the same name to
stop the warning. But it is advised to work with the file's owning product
vendor to clean it up properly.

Best regards,

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Documentation+Central/page/Tivoli+Storage+Manager
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Storage+Manager/page/Home

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2013-09-17
11:40:40: