ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum TSM nodes per server

2013-08-19 12:47:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum TSM nodes per server
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:45:31 -0400
On 08/19/2013 12:38 PM, Zoltan Forray wrote:
> TSMManager does the session analysis for me.  I am attaching a
> screenshot to show what I mean - not sure if it will make it through. It
> shows that on this TSM server, I peak around 55-concurrent sessions
> around the 3am time-frame.

The image came through, but I'm not sure we're communicating yet.

Unless MOON is only serving your proxy server, 55 concurrent sessions
might mean you've got 55 concurrent incrs on the proxy box, or zero.

The interesting measures are things like:

+ How many incr sessions (each of which could be RESOURCEUTILIZATION
whatever) are running at the same time on your proxy box?  If that's 31,
you're probably swapping your butt off.

+ How many filespace walking threads are running simultaneously on your
various back-end storage systems?

I think you'll need to analyze at a tighter than server level.

- Allen S. Rout