ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Clients using DHCP vs Fixed IP addresses

2013-05-25 04:32:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Clients using DHCP vs Fixed IP addresses
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 02:21:30 -0500
Us too. We have always forced all clients to use polling sched mode, and
have never had to hassle with IP addresses. DHCP and VLANs came and it
was no problem. Our client node administrators have always been happy
that we have always said that TSM backup is independent of IP address.

We use other methods to detect two+ machines backing up to one nodename,
specifically if the GUID changes repeatedly.

=============== Klein bottle for rent -- inquire within. ===============