ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Implementing Encryption

2013-04-09 12:43:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Implementing Encryption
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 12:39:38 -0400
Well folks, this project keeps changing.  Originally figured we would use
EKM/TKLM but then discussions bought it back to, why not just AME/TSM
handle the encryption - do we need to encrypt the DB?

So, while we are pending a response from the security/auditor folks about
AME being sufficient, the question arose asking "what if we implement AME
and then the power-that-be say it isn't good enough and they want the DB
encrypted as well, forcing us to move to LME"? How much of a pain-in-the..
would that be?  What is the impact?

On the subject of implementing AME, besides saying UPDATE DEVCLASS ..
 DRIVEE=ON and then going to the encryption controls of the 3494/TS3500 and
selecting "Encryption Method - Application Managed" and making sure all the
TS1130 drives have encryption turned - what else do I need to do?  How does
the robot know to talk to TSM for the keys?