ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Odd server activity attached to no session or process, and deleting filespaces from very large nodes...

2013-01-16 10:26:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Odd server activity attached to no session or process, and deleting filespaces from very large nodes...
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:24:31 -0500
On 01/15/2013 05:56 PM, Alex Paschal wrote:
> Are those 40mil spread across several filespaces?  I've seen situations
> on TSM-classic (i.e. pre-6) where doing smaller workloads, like deleting
> one filespace at a time, worked better than deleting the whole node.
> Would that be practical in this case?

Thanks, I experimented after your suggestion:  objects deleted wasn't
particularly different doing the whole node vs. one FS at a time.

I've addressed the prompt issue; no more thrashing on a "quiesced"
instance.  It'll be interesting to see if it happens again.  At least
I'll be sensitized; I don't really have a clear idea how long that has
been getting in the way of normal operations.

- Allen S. Rout