ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Ghost FILEPOOL vol

2012-10-04 11:43:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Ghost FILEPOOL vol
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 11:33:01 -0400
I just went through a similar cleanup where volhist/private volumes list
shows nothing but the tape library manager shows the volume as being
allocated/in-use.  I use this to "delete with extreme prejudice" i.e.
"force"

DELETE VOLHIST TODATE=today TYPE=remote volume=your-volume-number force=yes

Then I did an update of the libvolume to make it scratch

UPDATE LIBVOLUME IBM-TS1130 volume-name stat=scr

I don't think this is your exact situation but hopefully some of these
commands will help.....

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator