ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Using mailbox-level and item-level restoration with Exchange 2010

2011-08-26 10:48:03
Subject: [ADSM-L] Using mailbox-level and item-level restoration with Exchange 2010
From: Yanick Quirion <Yanick.Quirion AT USHERBROOKE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 14:40:52 +0000
Dear all,

I would like to know if somebody is using the mailbox-level and item-level
restoration with Exchange 2010. On the install guide, they said:

“[…] the Client Access  Server Role must also be configured to run Mailbox
Restore operation on Exchange Server 2010[..]”

My question are:
   1. Should I install TDP for Exchange on the CAS server as well?
   2. Should I install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and
Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 (MAPI) version 6.5.8147.0 (or later) on all
Mailbox Server Role and Client Access Role?

If I understand well, The TDP for Exchange must be install only on the Mailbox
Server Role. I don’t need it on CAS and HUB. I’m I right?

Thank you all for your help.

Best Regards,

Yanick Quirion
Technicien en Systèmes Ordinés  - Section Infrastructure des serveurs
Service des technologies de l’information (S.T.I.)
Université de Sherbrooke
Courriel: Yanick.Quirion AT USherbrooke DOT ca
Tél.: 819-821-8000 Poste: 62490