ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Windows 2003 32bit whole system restore

2011-03-09 03:35:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] Windows 2003 32bit whole system restore
From: Steven Langdale <steven.langdale AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 08:34:37 +0000
Hello All, a quick systemstate restore question....

Our current backup process for Win2003 is to include the systemstate but
EXCLUDE C:\windows  from the standard filesystem backup - this is under the
assumption that the systemstate covers all that is needed in there (for a
base system recovery at least)

In testing a system recovery (VMware environ) the systemstate and C: restore
work fine but after a reboot there is no network and no mouse - but the
keyboard works :)

If we do another backup of the donor with the C:\windows INCLUDED, then do a
systemstate & C: restore (in that order), all works perfectly after a
reboot.

So, was my understanding of the systemstate backup not correct i.e. is this
working as designed, or do I have an issue?

Client is  5.5.3.0.

Thanks

Steven