ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Cross platform restore question

2010-12-07 04:36:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Cross platform restore question
From: Maurice van 't Loo <maurice AT BACKITUP DOT NU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:35:54 +0100
There is little trick I used once a lot of time ago.... in case you still
need the data....

The type of data you can see in the client (*IX or Windows) depends on the
last backup. During the last backup the node will be updated by type and
version of OS and other stuff.
So if you need the Linux data, just do a little backup of a file from the
Linux client, restart the client, now you should see the Linux files.

Remember the Windows scheduler, as if you use polling, the windows scheduler
can set back the node to Windows. You can search for hours for the switch
back if you forget this scheduler ;-)

Regards,
Maurice