ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DB2: SSD vs more RAM

2010-11-17 06:14:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] DB2: SSD vs more RAM
From: "Pretorius, Louw <louw AT sun.ac DOT za>" <louw AT SUN.AC DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:16:57 +0200
Hi all,

I am currently in the process of setting up specifications for our new TSM6.2
server.

I started by adding 8 x SSD 50GB disks to hold OS and DB, but because of the
high costs was wondering if it's possible to rather buy more RAM and increase
the DB2 cache to speed up the database.

Currently I have RAM set at 24GB but its way cheaper doubling the RAM than to
buy 8 x SSD's
Currently I have 8 x SSD vs 6 x SAS 15K

Any ideas?
Louw Pretorius