ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] NBU guy in TSM shop and I need help

2010-08-10 17:43:10
Subject: [ADSM-L] NBU guy in TSM shop and I need help
From: cpreston <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 17:41:47 -0400
Hey ego,

You posted to a TSM list with a "TSM question."  It seemed to me that people
were trying their best to help, despite you not using TSM-specific terminology
or giving a lot of details.  This suggests that you don't have a basic
understanding of the product that you're asking about.

People of this (and other lists) have a hard time helping someone who doesn't
seem to have a grasp of the basics.  You say you're a NBU guy.  Imagine trying
to help someone who doesn't know what a policy or schedule are.  A valid
response would be "read the manual/go to class."  That's the response you got
from Richard.  (He gives that response a lot.) ;)

YOUR response was basically to threaten removal of TSM in favor of NBU.  I'm
not sure if I agree with Richard that this means you don't want to grow
professionally, but all the threat did was further alienate the people who were
trying to help you.

Here's my suggestion.  Go read (at least peruse) the links that Richard gave
you before trying to continue this question.  If you continue posting in such a
confrontational way, I'll have to take further action, since you're using
backupcentral as your launching pad.