ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] V5.5.4.1 recovery log issues

2010-04-12 09:40:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] V5.5.4.1 recovery log issues
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:39:36 -0400
On Apr 12, 2010, at 9:18 AM, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:

> Well, this is becoming a very annoying and crazy problem.
>
> Since upgrading my Linux TSM server from 5.5.3.0 to 5.5.4.1, I am having
> constant problems with the log filling and pinning. ...

Zoltan -

Your postings on your upgrade have not said why you went beyond the standard,
fully tested maintenance level (5.5.4.0) to take your chances with a patch
level (5.5.4.1).  A patch level is intended to address a specific set of
circumstances, as experienced by one or a few customers.  One should not go
there without specific need for the patch, and being accepting of possible side
effects in order to restore functionality as addressed by the patch.  This is
not to say that this patch level itself is known to be responsible for the log
pinning issue, but you are taking a chance with a patch.

   Richard Sims     http://people.bu.edu/rbs/