ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] RC from dsmc incr

2009-09-28 16:32:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] RC from dsmc incr
From: Fred Johanson <Fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:31:08 -0500
I have a user, a reluctant but still very loud user who claims to have a
problem.  His procedure is that his Mainframe job scheduler executes a REXX
Exec which sshs to a WinNT box where it executes a Windoze script which
eventually does a "dsmc incr".  The Mainframe job gets a return code which is
used to determine his next step, the assumption being that the RC comes from
TSM.

His claim is that 5.4.x clients return a 0 RC for success, as do 6.1.x, but
5.5.x give RC=8 for success.  I find nothing in documentation that he should
see from TSM the normal 0,4,8 series of RC, but I'd feel better if someone
would verify that.  I wonder if his RC di9fferences might come from different
versions of WinNT.

Fred Johanson
TSM Administrator
University of Chicago