ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM for Databases licensing

2009-09-25 15:41:35
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM for Databases licensing
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:38:56 -0400
I am trying to pin down the rules governing licensing for TSM for
Databases. My best guess, based on unofficial sources and official
but badly written IBM documents, is detailed below.

There are separate license charges for each of the following two things:
1.The right to store data from a particular system on one or more
  TSM servers, whether that data is sent using the BA client, TSM
  for Databases, non-IBM API clients, or some combination of the
  preceding.
2.The right to run the TSM for Databases software on a particular
  system.

Both charges depend on the number of value units needed for the
processor cores on the system sending the data. The value unit count
will be the same for each of the two charges, but the number of
dollars charged per value unit will probably be different.

Is this a correct statement of the rules? Is there an IBM document
which confirms this unambiguously?